Wondering how to get the best airline deals? To find cheap flights, you must be flexible, book early or at the very last minute, and do your homework. Here are 7 tips that will help you find the best bargains on air travel.
- Flight prices are based on supply and demand. When demand is high, air fares are expensive. If the demand is not high then you can get good deals. Take red-eyed flights, fly in the middle of the day, and fly in the middle of the week. Business travelers usually travel on Monday morning and Friday evening, so avoid those times. Avoid traveling during the holidays if possible and stay with the off season.
- Call the airline you want to fly to. When you book directly with them, some airlines give you less than the price found on airfare deals websites. Since they have to pay a fee every time someone books one of their flights on a third party site, if you book directly with them, airlines are willing to pass along the savings to you. . In fact, if you contact airlines directly you can save up to 5 to 15 percent on fares on airfare deals websites.
- Accept flights with multiple layouts. Business travelers and others who travel frequently usually prefer to go to their destination as quickly as possible. You can save a lot of money by taking flights with low-demand, available seats. Just make sure to bring lots of magazines and snacks to keep yourself entertained!
- Check airfares from other airports at the appropriate driving distance from your home. Sometimes flying from smaller, less popular airports can save you a lot of money. For example, it is cheaper to fly to Newark Airport and from any New York airport.
- Check the air fares of discount airlines. A large number of discount airlines are popping up these days, and not all of them have fares listed on large airfare aggregator websites that list air fares for many airlines. In the US, discount airlines include Southwest Air, Jet Blue and Spirit. Spirit sometimes offers fares as low as $ 9 each.
- Book your flights early. Over 2 million flights are purchased every minute. During peak season, more than 50,000 flights are purchased per second. So if you find a good deal, do not delay in purchasing it. You can end the deal and pay more in the long run. When you are traveling domestically, book at least one month in advance, and if you are traveling internationally, book at least three to six months in advance.
- Experiment with different travel dates. Transferring your travel dates for a few days or a week can result in significant savings. The best deals are usually for flights that depart on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday.
Discover and share great travel deals on thejourneytips.com